Friday 9 October 2009

Roller Disco, I rule

Hey Family,
I'm going to start making a point to making this blog more faithful to my whole European experience, so that means I should start including my nights in London and not just the ones out of town.

On a recent note, I went to a roller disco last night. It was wild. Like kind of weird. But I had a killer time. Rollering is not really my forte but I tried to hang with the big dogs. A bunch of us went, and i would say that about 85% of the people there are there just to have a way fun time and boogie oogie oogie on skates to some sweet sounds of funk. But the other 15% of people are definitely there every night. If it was an olympic sport to Roller Disco, this place would have definitely been the London venue in 2012, based solely on the caliber of the skaters there. I might try and come back and bring the craze to America. But that would mean I would have to learn how to skate without falling down... a lot. I am a little bit sore right now. But that bike ride in Wales definitely put a buffer layer around my whole body, so I was well prepared.

Oh and as you'll see in the pictures, I tried to dress with the retro theme. Hence the mustache, don't worry it's not a serious thing.

After we went rollering, we went to an Irish pub called O'Neill's where they had live music. No it wasn't the Three Toms, but it was fun.

Every night here is a new experience and there's so much going on, that you'll have to wait till I get back to hear the whole thing, but I hope you guys are feeling somewhat updated on my life out here!
Short post, but more to come.

Rollering
Uh, no explanation needed



No comments:

Post a Comment